Dan Hatfield

Support Staff

• OI Owner & Editor
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

POPULAR

They're ready!

We'll get to ordering info in a moment, but first, check out the look in these unisex t-shirt mockups, followed by a full view of the Orlando Informer graphics:

aycNEVQ.jpg

u2QvVda.jpg

8d9ZC8q.jpg

mPnpXCll.png

XovR1Y0.png

HOW TO ORDER - standard t-shirts

Thanks to the generosity and resourcefulness of FandomMama, we have a simple order form for you to complete. Once you've done so, an invoice will be sent to you in one business day for payment, and any major credit card will work. As soon as payment is received, orders ship within three business days.

Click here to open the order form, which includes details about ordering, shipping, and getting your name included on your shirt. Note: don't forget to include an email address on the form - that's how we contact you!

For examples of the colors that can be ordered and the customization we're offering, see the images at the top of this post.

If you have questions about ordering, please skip to the end of this thread and reply, or you can contact me privately.

If you have questions about an order that's already been mailed, please send a private message to FandomMama.

Finally, as you might suspect with this sort of small t-shirt operation, all sales are final. (Also, for what it's worth, our site isn't making anything from these sales, which is perfectly fine - I much rather have lower costs for you than make money from t-shirts.)

HOW TO ORDER - custom t-shirts

If you'd like to create and order a t-shirt immediately with the new design, you're welcome to download the original, full-resolution files. Right-click on these links to save...

Icon (most likely to be used on the front of a shirt): https://dl.dropboxus...n-full-1500.png

Logo (if used by itself, probably for the front - if used with the icon, probably for the back): https://dl.dropboxus...rt-embossed.png

Reminder: don't use the actual images that appear at the top of this post - those are low resolution files. Use the PNG links to download the artwork.

One option I've used myself and recommend is CustomInk.com. The downside is that they only ship to the U.S. and Canada, so if you live elsewhere, you'll have to find a different site (scroll through this thread or reply for recommendations).

Also, keep in mind that, if you order one shirt, it will likely cost between $25 and $30 with shipping. That's just the nature of ordering a single custom t-shirt.

Finally, if you decide to go with CustomInk.com, do note that you can change the t-shirt style by clicking the "Swap item" link in the design lab. Then, for single-item orders, you need to choose from the second-to-last category (no minimum), as seen here:

wa7lxtW.jpg

If you go ahead with your own order, be sure to let us know how it turns out!

As always, thanks for your support :)

Edited by Dan Hatfield, 22 July 2014 - 05:40 AM.

• P. Umbridge, daddy0, Agent J and 12 others like this

Thank you for joining us in the Orlando Informer Community Forums. Please remember, by using our forums, you agree to our Terms of Use. And be sure to recognize when any forum member provides you with useful information by "liking" their posts!

Learn more about OI | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Flickr | YouTube | Pinterest

Destinations in Florida - free, professional travel planning

#2 Kkuurrttmm

Kkuurrttmm

Park Regular

• General Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

Sweeeet!

#3 P. Umbridge

P. Umbridge

Preferred Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

I can help organize but of course not living in Florida will have it's draw backs.

517lCbSfR0L.jpg

• kirbyo0000 likes this

Why be normal?

HHN24 Oct 7-14 booked.

Staying at the Hard Rock. :D

#4 daddy0

daddy0

Preferred Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationPanama City,FL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

I would have no idea how to get one made, I WANT ONE!!!!(2X) just for the record...maybe I can swing by the house and pick mine up when I'm there in July DanO? ;-P

TIME TO START THE COUNTDOWN AGAIN!! :D

OH WAIT!!! HHN 9/19 

CBBR 02/23/2015 ;) 

#5 WanderingWand

WanderingWand

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'm not saying this is the best place or the cheapest place to get individual T-shirts printed (they do large order discounts too) but I have used them in the past to print T-shirts for my kids' "companies" and "clubs".  The name of the company is Queensboro.  Here is a link to another posting of mine where I first mentioned them:

http://forums.orland...ge-5#entry39221

#6 WanderingWand

WanderingWand

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

I created these mockups to show how Dan's design will look on t-shirts of all the house colors:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Dan Hatfield, P. Umbridge, MattLynch91 and 2 others like this

#7 suzsapinsky

suzsapinsky

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationHigh River, AB, Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

These are fantastic! Can't wait to get mine:)

Orlando Bound

Sept 21-Oct 6th

:wub: Disney and Harry Potter :wub: 

#8 Dan Hatfield

Dan Hatfield

Support Staff

• OI Owner & Editor
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

I created these mockups to show how Dan's design will look on t-shirts of all the house colors:

That's awesome!

I'd probably make the logo just a tiny bit smaller on the shirts, but either way, thanks for putting those up :)

Thank you for joining us in the Orlando Informer Community Forums. Please remember, by using our forums, you agree to our Terms of Use. And be sure to recognize when any forum member provides you with useful information by "liking" their posts!

Learn more about OI | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Flickr | YouTube | Pinterest

#9 FandomMama

FandomMama

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

POPULAR

psssssstttt i happen to have very close connections with someone here in GA who owns a printing company (we both volunteer for the same nonprofit and work closely together very often). i would be more than happy to talk with them and get a quote and go from there to organize a buy for OI. only if everyone is comfortable with me doing so, that is

ETA: i'm going to go ahead and meet with them monday morning just for a no strings attached estimate. 

• Lauren, Universal Bob, Chuck Plagmann and 3 others like this

#10 StacyRM

StacyRM

Park Regular

• General Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

think they look best on the black t-shirt

Cabana Bay Beach Resort booked October 12-16

#11 EchoPixie

EchoPixie

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationNL, Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Or, you could just print the .png file on transfer paper and iron on a t-shirt of your choosing until the time comes when they're available...I think I'd put the logo big on the back and front with a smaller logo and my profile name on a sleeve so that it doesn't get covered by a backpack...that way other forum users would see you in UOR coming or going! Or, it would look great on a backpack but unless it's a canvas/cotton fabric, you can't iron-on yourself...

• P. Umbridge, Kathy1, FandomMama and 1 other like this

Planning an 8th birthday Harry Potter party for September!

YYT -> MCO May 25 - June 5, 2014

#12 Dan Hatfield

Dan Hatfield

Support Staff

• OI Owner & Editor
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Or, you could just print the .png file on transfer paper and iron on a t-shirt of your choosing until the time comes when they're available...I think I'd put the logo big on the back and front with a smaller logo and my profile name on a sleeve so that it doesn't get covered by a backpack...that way other forum users would see you in UOR coming or going! Or, it would look great on a backpack but unless it's a canvas/cotton fabric, you can't iron-on yourself...

Just wanted to mention that I'm having a smaller version of the t-shirt design made for our new site logo (for our Facebook icon pic, etc.).

When that's done, I'll post it. Could serve as the "smaller" logo for the front of the shirt.

• Amy G, EchoPixie and FandomMama like this

#13 WanderingWand

WanderingWand

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I was considering using iron-on transfer paper too.  I know they sell it at Michaels and AC Moore craft stores.  But in my experience, the iron-on transfers don't work well on dark colored T-shirts... the image is not opaque enough (because of the printer ink) so it doesn't stand out against the dark fabric.  On white T-shirts, however, the iron-on transfer paper works brilliantly.

#14 EchoPixie

EchoPixie

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationNL, Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

And Vistaprint accepts .png files too that you can resize yourself and print on any of their items...

• LainieG likes this

#15 EchoPixie

EchoPixie

Power Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationNL, Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I was considering using iron-on transfer paper too.  I know they sell it at Michaels and AC Moore craft stores.  But in my experience, the iron-on transfers don't work well on dark colored T-shirts... the image is not opaque enough (because of the printer ink) so it doesn't stand out against the dark fabric.  On white T-shirts, however, the iron-on transfer paper works brilliantly.

You have to buy the specialty package that says "for dark color fabric"...slightly more pricey than for light colors.

• WanderingWand likes this

#16 ReliveTheMagic

ReliveTheMagic

Park Regular

• General Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Vistaprint works really well. I just got a shirt I ordered from them and I'm very impressed by the quality & service. 

#17 Lauren

Lauren

Park Visitor

• General Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWestern Massachusetts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

I love it! Thanks Dan!

Ready to go back!!

#18 JBent

JBent

Park Visitor

• General Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

http://www.pbase.com/wtang/image/1561091...

I want a black one for opening day!

#19 debi

debi

Support Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, Florida

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

Think you'll have one available in a style that will actually flatter the larger woman?? Lower neckline? I'll take one in yellow, please. (Yup, Hufflepuff!) I bought one last month in the Wizarding World; had to get one bigger than I normally wear and it hangs almost to my knees....

• daddy0 likes this

Special needs are Universal blog posts | Universal's Attraction Assitance & Guest Assistance Passes

#20 Kathy1

Kathy1

Preferred Poster

• General Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

I look like a Lump in Tee shirts. But I'm willing to look like a Lump if it helps me find my Forum Friends Lol
  • daddy0, LainieG and debi like this
Booked Cabana Bay September 25-28
Planning Thanksgiving 2014
It's Never Too Early to Start Packing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users